Adults in this program work to improve their English speaking, reading and writing skills through activities and assignments. This class focuses on helping parents develop skills to gain employment and help their children in school.
Parent and Child Time (PACT) Class
Parents who support their child’s learning contribute to their child’s successes both in school and in life. The PACT component allows parents to interact together as a family unit.
PACT classes are offered in some of the same locations where we offer ESL classes. They typically start in the spring immediately following the end of the ESL program. Parents work together with their kids and participate in activities following different educational themes.
Parent Resource Workshops
These free and online workshops cover important resources for parents, especially in a time of COVID 19. Workshops focus on parenting dynamics, setting schedules, and screen time limits along with learning how to use your child’s school online platforms. Parents are able to
SIGN UP for workshops at bit.ly/lqparentsupport
2021 Spring weekly topics:
- February 8: Food & Nutrition
- February 15: Sleep & Exercise
- February 22: Resilience & Gratitude
- March 1: Time Management & Efficiency/Productivity
- March 8: Self Esteem & Imposter Syndrome
- March 15: Friendship & Family Relationships
- March 22: Communication
- March 29: Financial Responsibility & Healthy Decision Making
- April 5: Routines/Habits
- April 12: Community Development & Community Involvement
- April 19: Empathy & Creativity
- April 26: Review Week
- May 3: Goal Setting & Time Management
- May 10: Curiosity & Happiness
- May 17: Mindfulness & Healthy Decision Making
- May 24: Emotional Courage & Gratitude
- May 31: Accepting Mistakes & Resilience
- June 7: Coping with Rejection & Self-Esteem
- June 14: Encouraging Teamwork & Community Involvement
- June 21: Review Week
*Schedule is subject to change at instructor’s discretion
Adult Education Programs
Spanish HSE Diploma Class
Need to earn your High School Equivalency (HSE) diploma? Spanish HSE classes are also available in the evenings.
Conversational English Classes
Practice makes perfect! Students sharpen their English speaking skills in this pop up citizenship class. Students are able to practice their English with other English-learners and dedicated staff.
As funding becomes available we open classes in different areas in Modesto or Riverbank.
Classes come up as funding becomes available.
Bring your child ages 3-12 to our program while you attend our classesA majority of our sites provide free childcare for the parents attending our classes. Our staff not only babysits the kids, but helps prepare them for school and/or provide help with schoolwork. Following a set of weekly themes, the kids work on different educational crafts while developing socials skills and pre-k skills.
Citizenship Preparation Class
Prepare for your citizenship test in one of our pop up citizenship classes. Students are able to practice their English while learning about government and preparing for their test.
Partnering with Redeemer Church in Modesto, this English conversation class celebrates diversity within the community. Students practice their English skills with volunteers while enjoying a cup of coffee.
Contact UsShanyn Vitti-Avila
209-672-6653, firstname.lastname@example.org Gloria Barajas Perez