Reading & Writing Tutoring
One-on-one tutoring is provided for adult learners wanting to improve reading and writing skills in the LearningQuest’s Library Literacy Program. Tutoring is based on the Barton Method of teaching so we can ensure that you are learning at your pace and meeting the goals you’ve set for yourself.
Ready to improve your reading and writing skills?
Follow these steps and begin your path to unlocking a new world through reading:
- Call for an appointment. You will work with supportive and understanding staff to figure out your current reading and writing levels.
- Once you’ve been registered, we will work with you to create achievable educational goals.
- Since all tutoring and materials are free, you’ll receive what you need to begin your sessions.
- Next, you’ll be matched with a trained volunteer tutor who will guide you on this journey.
- Lastly, show up to your tutoring sessions and reach your goals (twice a week for 1.5 hours each session for 6 months)!
‘Being in this program has greatly improved my outlook on my own personal life and has given me hope.’
Read and write better now!
Contact Rose or Katelynn at the Stanislaus County Library
1500 I St., Modesto, CA 95354