Unlock someone’s world through reading!
Many adults in our community have trouble reading.
Whether it’s a phone bill, a bus map, a book filled with adventure, or their child’s homework…
YOU are the key to unlocking their world.
Ready to help an adult learn to read?
Follow these steps and begin your path to unlocking someone’s world through reading:
- Call for an appointment. You will work with supportive and hard working staff to answer any questions you may have about becoming a tutor.
- Once you’ve been registered, you will be invited to attend a special tutor orientation and training to introduce you to LearningQuest and the Barton Method of teaching.
- Since all tutoring and materials are free, you’ll receive what you need to begin your sessions.
- After you’ve been properly trained, you will be matched with an adult student reading below a 7th grade level who needs you to guide them on this journey.
- Lastly, show up to your tutoring sessions (twice a week for 1.5 hours each session for six months – schedule is flexible to accommodate vacations, illness, etc.).
Held in the Auditorium at the Modesto Library
(RSVP w/ Rose 209-558-4505)
Tutor Info Meeting
– Tuesday, Jan. 7 @ 6:30 pm
– Wednesday, Jan. 8 @ 11:30 am
New Tutor Training
– Friday, Jan. 24 @ 10:00 am
Want to tutor a child with dyslexia?
Check out KidsQuest to learn more about our free tutoring program for children, grades 2-6, with dyslexia or other specific language disorders.
Share your love of reading with an adult waiting to learn to read.
Library Literacy Site
Stanislaus County Library
1500 I St., Modesto, CA 95354
Rose Jurado, Site Coordinator
Katelynn Christensen, Administrative Assistant